Installing running boards on your truck is a great way to improve its functionality and appearance. Not only do running boards provide a step for you to get into your vehicle quickly, but they also add protection from road debris and give your vehicle a more rugged look. This article serves as your buying since it might be overwhelming to see a wide variety of products all over the internet.
Advantage of Installing Running Boards
Running boards offer many benefits worth considering if you are out there for a new game. Apart from the fact that it makes it easier to get in and out of your truck, the set provides good traction when stepping onto or off of the running board. This is important if you have a lifted truck since the ground clearance is higher, and you wouldn’t want to trip as you hop in.
Another advantage that you can get after installing truck footboards will be improved fuel efficiency. Ultimately, you should purchase a set to help protect your truck from dents, scratches, and other road debris. Let’s not forget about the aesthetic touch it adds to the exterior of your vehicle.
Best Manufacturers of Running Boards
Truck nerf bars are made of high-quality material that can withstand harsh elements and weather conditions for years without rust or corrosion. If you are considering buying step boards for your truck, be sure to consider these brands:
- AMP Research is a well-known and trusted brand for quality step boards. They offer various truck steps, including electric step boards, drop-down step boards, and retractable step boards.
- Lund is another famous manufacturer of truck planks designed to fit most pickup trucks and SUVs on the market today. Their running board styles include side steps with a step pad on the board for added traction and a polished aluminum finish for style.
- Westin running boards are made from heavy-duty steel to ensure durability in all weather conditions. They have an extra-wide step area with raised treads on the running boards, which provide non-slip protection for safe access in and out of your rig.
- Go Rhino offers a variety of stylish side steps and a running board to fit any vehicle make/model. Some of their power running boards feature an integrated light bar and retractable running steps with an automatically extending step pad when you open your door.
Power Running Boards
Electric running boards are an excellent choice for anyone looking for an easy way to get into their truck. They automatically retract the moment you open and close the door of your rig. Power Running Boards are available in various styles to suit your preferences.
Below are some of the options to choose from:
- AMP Research PowerStep is one of the most popular products to consider. The power step offers several features and benefits that make it a great choice for anyone looking to improve the look and functionality of their truck. The model comes with LED lights to illuminate your step at night.
The AMP running boards automatically deploy when the door opens then tuck under the truck when not in use. It can drop lower than the other power boards out there to meet the needs of those that own lifted vehicles. Another selling point of this product will be the 600-pound weight capacity per sidestep.
- Bestop Powerboard NX has wireless activation components that minimize time and effort during installation. The kit consists of two steps, a wiring harness with controller, weather-resistant motors, LEDs, and other hardware needed during the construction process. The product is a good choice because it doesn’t require any contact with the vehicle’s interior.
It is made from high-quality aluminum material, making it strong enough to withstand all types of conditions while also being lightweight enough not to add too much weight to your vehicle. Each board can hold up to 600 pounds, but many automotive enthusiasts expect the manufacturer to create stronger truck steps in the future.
Standard Running Boards
Standard running boards are the most common type of side steps that you can find in many vehicles. They serve the same purpose as the power boards, providing a place to stand when getting in or out of the truck. The majority of these products are made of aluminum, making them light and durable.
Here are some of the best options that you can find in the market nowadays:
- Westin Brite Aluminum Step Board is an aluminum running board designed to give you a safe and secure step up into your truck. These running boards are made from die-cast aluminum, which means they’re tough enough for any truck with a raised suspension system. The steps were thoroughly tested in different climates and weather conditions to ensure they could withstand the harshest environments.
Westin’s running boards come in three different lengths — 5 inches, 8 inches, and 11 inches — so there is a running board option for you no matter what size of step you need.
- Go Rhino Dominator features a durable steel tube with a hexagon stepping pattern. These running boards are perfect for daily driving and off-road expeditions, offering protection to the rocker panel. Like most standard footsteps, the product has a weight capacity of 300 pounds. The product can be installed in a few minutes, right at your driveway.
- Romik RAL Running Boards are aircraft-grade aluminum with a sleek design to add style to your rig. The product is durable and lightweight with a dot tread pattern. Compared to the other two standard steps mentioned above, this model has a weight capability of 450 pounds. So if you’re in the market for some new running boards for your truck or SUV, be sure to check out Romik RAL running boards.
Running boards offer plenty of benefits to drivers and their passengers. They make it easier to get in and out of the truck; they provide a place to stand when loading or unloading cargo. When choosing steps for your vehicle, it is vital to consider the height of your car and the materials that will best meet your requirements. IIf you have a lifted truck, you will choose running boards that are explicitly designed for vehicles with higher ride heights. Materials such as aluminum or stainless steel are often favored because they are durable and resistant to corrosion. Whatever step you choose, make sure it is properly installed and securely fastened to your vehicle.
Check out 4WheelOnline to steal some great deals on truck steps.