Jeep Upgrade: What to Look for in A Suspension Kit
Jeeps have been around since 1940 and have always been popular with off-roaders because of their rugged style, reliability in all conditions, and ease of use. There’s something about the ride that makes it unique among automotive enthusiasts. Whether you’re cruising down the highway or bouncing along a dirt trail, there’s no other vehicle that can give you the same sense of freedom and adventure.
Jeep owners are always on the lookout for ways to upgrade their vehicles and make them more capable of off-roading. One of the best jeep accessories to consider will be a suspension kit. A lift kit can give your four-wheeler a whole new look and feel. It has several advantages over stock suspensions that we will talk about later on.
Components of a Suspension Lift
Suspension kits are an excellent way for owners to enhance their driving and make it more comfortable. By adding a suspension lift, drivers will not have to worry about damage caused by off-road conditions or rough terrain. There are various components to a quality lift kit, but some of the most important ones are strut spacers, coil spacers, and shocks/struts.
- Strut Spacers are metal plates that go between the top of your chassis (frame) and the bottom of the strut tower to lift vehicle height without affecting ride quality or performance. This part of suspension lifts will give you a higher ground clearance from where it was originally. You may want to install these if you’re looking for more support over obstacles such as rocks while off-roading with your jeep or just getting into those tight parking spots with ease.
- Coil spacers are made of metal and provide an additional height without affecting its ride’s quality or performance. They usually sit above the vehicle’s existing coil spring and typically reach a height of 2.5 inches. These parts are required if you want to install bigger tires to increase the weight of your vehicle.
- Shocks and struts are the suspension system’s unsung heroes, providing essential support while driving. They have a significant impact on how the ride feels. Shocks smooth out bumps in the road, so if they’re worn, it will feel like every little bump is getting amplified. A strut is a spring coil that provides height for trail adventure or high-speed maneuvers. If these components are bad or worn down, your vehicle will not be as stable, and you may end up bottoming out frequently when traveling over rough terrain.
Benefits of Installing a Lift Kit
A suspension kit is a set of components that work together to make your jeep more agile and responsive to the driver’s input. The benefits of installing a quality lifting kit are plentiful, including, but not limited to, improving drivability, stability, handling, and off-road performance.
- Jeep owners know that a suspension lift can improve the steering response and handling. When installing a quality lift kit, you essentially replace all stock components with new, heavier-duty ones. This not only enhances the ride quality and overall performance of your rig but will keep everything in alignment while driving off-road or on uneven terrain.
- Improved traction is one of the main advantages Jeep owners are looking for when upgrading their suspension. By raising your suspension, you can gain better stability and maneuverability on and off the road and better traction in any weather.
- The way the suspension is set up on your jeep plays a significant role in how you can handle off-road obstacles. The best lifting kits for your four-wheel drive are the ones that provide more stable driving, as well as better articulation. This makes it easier to go over rough terrain without getting stuck or having to slow down too much. It also provides greater stability at high speeds and greater control when turning corners.
- A smoother ride is very important, especially if you spend a lot of time on the road. Adding a lift kit can provide a much more comfortable experience by upgrading your vehicle’s suspension system, regardless of the terrain.
Different Types of Suspension Systems
You can find a wide range of suspension lift kits everywhere on the internet. This means you might get a bit confused about which is the right choice for your vehicle. These are some options to consider, including the details you need to help you determine what product to buy.
- Coil Suspension Systems are a cost-effective way to improve your vehicle’s handling and performance. Coil springs are rolled up, and when a bump comes along, they compress against the shock absorbers to absorb some of the force. This is usually enough to prevent bottoming out on small bumps.
One of the most highly recommended products is the Rubicon Express Coil Spring. It is manufactured from quality components and turned out to be very durable. With this lift, you will have the possibility of changing your shocks, which is a bonus. The best part about this coil spring is that it allows you to add more air to get a softer ride or less air to get a stiffer ride.
- Lifted Spring Suspension Kit will give your jeep the extra height it needs to conquer even the roughest terrain, especially the rocky ones. It also provides a smoother ride, which makes the ride more comfortable on any surface. This is the lifting kit you need for larger tires, such as mud and all-terrain tires.
Rock Krawler is one of the leading manufacturers of lifted spring suspension kits. They have proven quality experience in their product lines in recent years, making them a favorite. If you seek to improve your rig’s suspension system’s performance, you should consider Rock Krawler. The kits include everything necessary for a successful installation.
- Shackle Suspension Lift Kit offers a higher level of flexibility and stability that can be very important when you are off-road. They are a great way to add height to your vehicle, which can be handy if you want to fit bigger tires. These kits are easy for anyone with basic mechanical skills — most people can set them up at home by following the manufacturer’s step-by-step instructions.
Daystar Shackle Suspension Kit improves articulation and stability, making it the perfect choice for those who want to take their jeep off-road. These kits effectively give your Jeep additional space to mount monstrous tires. All their lift kits have no metal-to-metal contact, preventing noise, vibrations and prolonging the life of both your factory and aftermarket components.
- Spring Over-Axle Suspension is the popular option for serious rock crawlers. These suspensions are ideal for installing larger tires to elevate their vehicle center of gravity. You will get better clearance and handling after the installation of this product.
The Warrior Spring Over-Axle Kit is one of the most affordable kits that you can find on the market. It is designed to be used with stock springs to lift your jeep without compromising its suspension system, making it an excellent choice for beginners and experts alike. The product is an excellent value for money compared with other similar products.
The best jeep suspension lifts are those that are durable, reliable, and easy to install. Installing a lift on your Jeep can offer numerous benefits, including better ride quality and off-road performance. Check out 4WheelOnline if you’re ready to level up the functionality of your ride.